VIEW OUR STRATEGIC PLAN 2016 -2018 (6.6mb pdf)
Tradies are one group that suffer mental illness and many of them will not have the
information or confidence to access local or national mental health services.
Talking about depression, anxiety, suicide and life’s difficulties are not part of the
Consequently, tradies suffer in silence and do not access the help that will
improve their life.
- HALT’s vision is that every tradie in Australia knows how to look after their mental health and wellbeing.
- HALT builds the bridge between the tradie community and both local and national mental health services.
- HALT’s focus is suicide prevention and breaking down the stigma surrounding mental health issues like suicide, depression and anxiety.
- HALT facilitates this by holding “Save your Bacon” brekkies at hardware stores.
- A free feed, talks from people with lived experience in the trade and a HALT bag that contains information from both local community mental health organisations and national organisations like beyondblue and lifeline.
- HALT embraces a whole-of-community approach by engaging, where possible, with local community health services, Rotary/Lions Clubs, sporting clubs, tradies, business owners, local council, hospitals, private practitioners and the local community.
- HALT has held events at hardware stores, private businesses, TAFEs, and secondary colleges.